In an effort to provide liquidity relief to U.S. Owner/Operators materially impacted as a result of significant sales decline due to COVID-19, below are new Martin Brower Distributor payment terms:
1. McDonald’s Owner/Operator to contact the MB Shared Service Center requesting terms extension via email at: ARGroupMail@martin-brower.com
2. In order to quality for extended terms, the following will apply based on consolidated view of all restaurants owned by the Owner/Operator:
a. Combined restaurant sales decline of 20% sustained over a one week period, as compared to prior year of the same period, will qualify for a 10-day term extension
b. Combined restaurant sales of declines of 35% or more sustained over a one-week period, as compared to prior year of the same period, will qualify for a 20-day term extension.
c. Combined restaurant sales of declines of 50% or more sustained over a one-week period, as compared to prior year of the same period, will qualify for a 30-day term extension.
3. Once the request has been received, the terms change will be applied to all future sales orders and will be reviewed every 30 days.
4. Request can be received starting Monday, March 23 for deliveries shipping on Tuesday, March 24.
5. In the event that 50% of the restaurants serviced by a DC experience restaurant sales declines of 25% sustained over a one-week period, all restaurants serviced by that DC will move to 10-day term extensions.
6. In the event a restaurant is forced to closed for an extended period due to COVID-19, once the restaurant re-opens, the restaurant may request 10-day extended terms for the first 30 days after re-opening. For outstanding invoices prior to closure, please discuss payment terms with the Distributor.
a. Closed restaurants will be allowed to return any unopened cases of frozen or dry product to the distributor for credit. Short shelf life items will follow the “COVID Return Policy”. See Donation Policy or Restaurant Closure Policy for further details.
7. All other policies remain in force, including the treatment of bad debt, early payment term discount, Amex Credit Card program, etc.
Please contact Martin Brower directly for further and up-to-date information.